Heavenly Breakfast in Hamburg (after 3 planes, 4 trains, 1 boat and a car)

(composed by Susan using Eric's account)

 Hamburg, breakfast, liverwurst and black bread what could be better especially after a major schlep day.

Moving along, I'll skip the painful details and moving back to hikes in Norway. Beuatiful, muddy, steep and rocky about sums it up. We've been to many places in our lives but Norway may be the most beautiful in terms of natural raw beauty. It's easy to feel small in the mountains among the fiords. A certain world leader might benefit from a trip here. The people are not as homogenous as one might think.  I suppose this is true anyplace.  Peter kept repeating how beautiful it all was, urging us to look continuously from a window, a vantage point, a train.  I hope he remembers how lovely the world can be.

On our way down to breakfast, Susan mentioned a comment by Kathleen about breakfasts being better in Germany than Scandinavia.   I was dubious, but she is right.   The breads, the cheeses, the liverworst, the hot cocoa.  Breakfast in DE is heaven.

After breakfast. We let peter sleep late and travelled back to the airport to pickup our misroutedbags. (6 trains and a spooky hallway through security with automated doors reminiscent of Get Smart).  


 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

We're in Scandinavia!

People in Milan seem to like each other